Position: Journal Editor
Responsible To: Executive President
POSITION SUMMARY: The Journal Editor provides journalistic leadership for the association's periodical publication, the Journal of the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare.
Qualifications: An active member of AOHP for at least four years, unless waived by the Executive President; experienced in the specialty of occupational health in healthcare; interest and/or experience in periodical publication; committed to the association's objectives and to professional journalism.
Duration of service/position: Selection: This position will be appointed by the Executive President and is subject to approval by the Executive Board of Directors. The Journal Editor will be asked to commit to a minimum two-year term, with the option to renew — with Board approval — for an indefinite period of time.
Compensation: The AOHP member who holds this position will be compensated a stipend as determined by the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to publication deadlines.
2. Serves as a non-voting member of the Executive Board of Directors.
3. Encourages members to use the Journal as means of communication and promotion of the value of occupational health professionals in healthcare.
4. Mentors individual members with writing and communication skills.
5. Edits articles for appropriate topic, content, grammar and interest of subject.
6. Researches medical libraries and online resources for appropriate previously published articles.
7. Authorizes the final content of the Journal.
8. Authors a quarterly Editor's Column for the Journal.
9. Ensures that production of the Journal remains within the association's budget.
10. Attends Annual AOHP National Conference and promotes the Journal; promotes Journal readership and potential article submission with attendees and speakers; presents Journal awards/recognition at the Awards Luncheon during the Annual National Conference.