Posted on Mar 13, 2019
Occupational Health Nurse
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 24877
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Responsible for all aspects of Occupational Health (OH) nursing services in collaboration with the manager and key stakeholders. The OH RN performs post-offer/ preplacement exams, performs exposure evaluations and exposure management, assesses and treats employee injuries, coordinates department based programs, and provides basic nursing care. Documents all services in electronic medical record (EMR) and utilizes EMR for OSHA reports. Promotes and protects the health and safety of CHOP employees. Participates in multi-disciplinary committees/programs that impact employees.
- Performs pre-placement health screenings of new hires assuring ability to perform essential functions of role. Consults with NP/manager or Medical Director for complex issues.
- Performs basic nursing functions such as immunization and TB screenings for employees, volunteers, students, Research NTPs and other contract personnel.
- Assesses and manages work related injuries and illnesses under the direction of the CRNP and /or medical director. Demonstrates basic knowledge of regulatory requirements, specifically OSHA injury recording and reporting. Provides counseling for and management of Bloodborne Pathogen injuries.
- Works collaboratively with HR, worker comp, IPC and EHS to assure best practice, optimal service and employee safety.
- Participates in and/or coordinates department based programs including immunization programs, respiratory clearance/fit-testing, medical surveillance, TB screening, and wellness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) and enters all data correctly in EMR system. Ability to track and utilize data through reports.
- Participates in committee work and departmental process improvement projects related to Occupational Health Services. Ability to organize or lead work under direction of the manager.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
RN - Registered Nurse
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Graduation from NLNAC and/or CCNE accredited school of nursing or college.
Required Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a related nursing field, preferably with adult injury, ED, or ambulatory exposure.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/License
Preferred Education: BSN
Preferred Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in Occupational Health.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of process improvement work strongly preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with group speaking and presentations.
- Venipuncture skills.
- Chain of Custody drug testing.
- Respiratory fit-testing.
- Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
- Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
- Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
- Use of shared network file space.
- Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
- Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
To apply please visit our website www.careers.chop.edu and references Req #24877.