Conference Registration Continuing Education Conference Agenda Conference Brochure Conference Hotel
Conference Site Sponsor List Exhibitor List Session Abstract Poster Abstract Conference Committee
If you need help to justify your conference attendance with your supervisor, you can find assistance in the guideline “Articulating AOHP Conference Attendance Value”.
Articulating AOHP Conference Attendance Value Guideline
Articulating AOHP Conference Attendance Value Quick Overview
Who Should Attend?
• Occupational Health Nurses and Physicians
• Employee Health Professionals
• Infection Control Practitioners
• Industrial Hygienists
• Safety Officers
• Human Resource Administrators
• Risk Managers
• Hospital Administrators
• Case Managers
• Other Interested Individuals
Your Main Conference Registration Fee Includes:
• Dynamic Educational Sessions
• Welcome Reception with Exhibitors
• Continental Breakfast on Thursday and Friday with Exhibitors
• Continental Breakfast on Saturday
• Luncheon with Exhibitors on Thursday
• Annual Meeting and Luncheon on Friday
• Refreshment Breaks
• URL to Final Conference Program prior to the conference
• Entrance to the Exhibit Hall
• Solution Series with Vendors
• Continuing Education Credits
• Continuing Medical Education Credits
• Case Management Contact Hours
• Poster Session
The Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare (AOHP) is a national association with nearly 1,000 members who serve as leaders in championing the vital role of occupational health professionals in healthcare today. Through active involvement at local, state and national levels, AOHP has become the defining authority and leading advocate for occupational health and safety in healthcare, representing tens of thousands of healthcare workers throughout the nation. AOHP promotes the health, safety and well-being of healthcare workers through: advocacy; occupational health education and networking opportunities; health and safety advancement through best practice and research; and partnering with other invested stakeholders. Founded in 1981, AOHP is governed by a board of directors consisting of elected officials, including regional directors.
SPECIAL EVENTS AND HELPFUL INFORMATION
AOHP will be observing its 35th anniversary throughout the year and is extending an open invitation for others to join the celebration at the conference.
FRIDAY ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING AND AWARD LUNCHEON Join us at the annual business meeting and award luncheon on Friday, September 9 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. This luncheon meeting is included in your main conference registration. This special event recognizes winners of AOHP individual and chapter awards. Celebrate with the award winners and hear the latest news from AOHP board members. To attend, please make sure to check “I will attend” on the Registration Form.
WEDNESDAY OPENING RECEPTION The reception will be held Wednesday, September 7 in the exhibit hall at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach. Join Our Beach Party to Celebrate AOHP’s 35th Anniversary!
Celebrating The Past, Shaping The Future! We Care Since 1981
Sandals are Required!
The event will start at 6 pm with cake cutting ceremony and will end at 8 pm. Discover new products, mingle with exhibitors and learn about the companies who work to make your professional life easier. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with the exhibitors, enjoy a few hours of networking, savor the munchies and have fun. The attire is beach wear; sandals required.
“SOLUTION SERIES” IN EXHIBIT HALL
The AOHP 2016 Conference Committee is offering an opportunity for exhibitors to demonstrate their products and services. The "Solution Series" will feature short (10-minute) sessions in a designated area of the exhibit hall for exhibitors to present and share their expertise directly with the conference attendees in a more controlled setting. The "Solution Series" will allow exhibitors the opportunity to tailor a professional presentation that meets the attendees’ specific needs and interests. Come join us, and learn more!
INNOVATIVE PRODUCT SHOWCASE
The AOHP 2016 Conference Committee is once again offering a unique forum for select exhibitors to share their expertise and display their products and services. The Innovative Product Showcase, featuring visually appealing, informative poster displays from exhibitors, will be open for viewing from Wednesday, September 7 at 6 pm until Friday, September 9 at 11 am. Come by the Innovative Product Showcase to learn more.
SCAVENGER HUNTWednesday, Thursday and Friday exhibit hours will include a scavenger hunt. The winner of the scavenger hunt will receive a free main conference registration for the AOHP 2017 National Conference in Denver, CO..
THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH (NIOSH) invites you to a special town hall meeting scheduled for 1:20 pm on Thursday, September 8 during the AOHP 2016 National Conference. Learn the answers to all of your questions regarding data from 42,000 healthcare personnel injuries that have been collected by the NIOSH Occupational Health Safety Network (OHSN). More than 120 hospitals nationwide have entered data into the modules of this electronic surveillance system to track injuries, empower prevention and monitor impact:
• To whom and where did the injury occur? (standard job category and department)
• What caused the slips, trips and falls, patient handling and movement injuries, and workplace violence among healthcare personnel?
• Are these injuries preventable? What are the available workplace solutions to implement in your facility?
• How can my healthcare system or facility
join OHSN and utilize the new modules?
With input from AOHP and other stakeholders, NIOSH has developed the first modules of this free, secure, electronic surveillance system, which uses existing data to eliminate the need for double data entry. The current modules focus on: slips, trips and falls; musculoskeletal disorders related to patient handling; workplace violence; needlesticks; and blood and body fluid exposures. Gain valuable insight on uploading your existing data, viewing the benchmarking capabilities and using the output graphs 24/7 at your desk. Come join us for this informational meeting.
- Before you travel, plan ahead. Visit http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/things-to-do/.
- Let the hotel know if you will be arriving late when you make your hotel reservation. If your flight is delayed, inform the hotel as soon as possible to secure your booking.
- Take your expensive jewelry/valuables with you or put them in the hotel safe. Don’t leave them in your room.
- View the agenda ahead of time. Make sure you know when and where the sessions/events will be held, and be prompt as a courtesy to the speaker and other attendees.
- Meeting rooms in the hotel are often too cold or too warm. Dress in layers, and bring sweaters/shawls and socks with you.
- There are restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance from the hotel. Make sure you bring a pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- Remember to bring lots of business cards. You will need the business cards for networking, exhibitors and door prize drawings.
- Relax, enjoy and have fun!