National Award for Extraordinary Member
Awarded to members only
To recognize an Association member who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership in the field of occupational health in healthcare.
Active Association member for a minimum of two years and employed in the field of occupational health in healthcare. Current executive board of directors’ members are not eligible for this award.
1. The executive president solicits membership nominations by way of an announcement to regional directors, chapter presidents and via the Journal and
2. Chapter presidents solicit membership nomination from chapter members.
3. Chapter presidents submit membership nominations with a statement of qualifications and extraordinary accomplishments to the executive president.
4. Nominations close July 1st of each year.
5. The executive president submits a qualified list of candidates and accomplishments to the executive board of directors for vote prior to the Annual
Conference executive board meeting.
6. The awardee is presented with a plaque and $250 at the annual conference. A letter of recognition shall be sent to the recipient's CEO from the executive president.
Award Selection Criteria
1. Chapter activities: Offices held, committees, other
2. National activities: Offices held, committees, other
3. Publications: AOHP, other
4. Presentations: AOHP, other
5. Professional development (continuing education, national certifications, research, other)
Download Extraordinary Member Award Nomination Form
Extraordinary Member Award Recipients
1993 - Kaye Hatch
1994 - Deborah McGuire
1995 - Kathleen VanDoren
1996 - Karen Kelly
1997 - No award
1998 - M. Jo Tucker
1999 - No award
2000 - Cynthia Nicholson
2001 - Chris Ambercrombie
2002 - No award
2003 - No award
2004 - Kim Casey
2005 - Lydia Crutchfield
2006 - Betsy Holzworth
2007 - Mary Bliss
2008 - Sandi Buzar
2009 - Dana Jennings Tucker, RN, BSN, CCM
2010 - Clint Parram, MPH
2011 - Linda Good, RN, PhD, COHN-S
2012 - Christine Pionk, MS, RN, COHN-S
2013 - Lee S. Newman, MD, MA, FCCP, FACOEM
2014 - Julie Nicholas, RN, BSN, COHN-S
2015 - Kimberly Stanchfield, RN, COHN-S
2016 - Cecelia Granahan, RN, BS, ONC, COHN-S